State of the Province Address

Provincial Development Report

Events Calendar

Invitation to Bid

Full Disclosure Policy

hAwards and Achievements

Job Opportunities

News Archive

National Social Programs

Hotel and Restaurant

Photo Gallery

Video Gallery

SMART Foundation Introduces Dynamic Learning Program in Lanao del Norte

SMART Foundation Introduces Dynamic Learning Program in Lanao del Norte.

The Dynamic Learning Program is a teaching strategy developed to improve student learning and retention. Its implementation scheme also addresses the teacher-to-student ratio problem in the interior areas of the community. 2nd District Representative, Congressman Abdullah “Bobby” Dimakuta Dimaporo and SMART Foundation Inc. proposed to implement such program in the public schools of Lanao del Norte that took place on October 4, 2017 at Lanao Norte Comprehensive High School.

Municipal Government Units participated in the meeting with the presence of Mayor Marcos Mamay of Nunungan and Vice-Mayor Jaber Maba Azis of Matungao along with other Municipal Representatives of Kapatagan, Tagoloan, Tubod, Kauswagan, Magsaysay, Kolambugan and Baroy. The meeting started with School Division Superintendent Ms. Emmalinda Duhaylungsod introducing Anita Tagadiad from Smart Foundation Inc.

Ms. Anita Tagadiad presented the benefits of implementing Dynamic Learning Program (DLP) in Lanao del Norte and that its teaching strategies fully compliments the student’s `educational situation of Lanao del Norte specially this time when the K-12 program is currently in effect where the demand for teachers in junior and senior high is highly needed.

One of the key features of DLP that has been discussed in the meeting is that one subject is taught simultaneously to different classes by an Expert Teacher aided by facilitators. 80% of the time during classes’, students’ are into answering work problems and participating in activities and the remaining 20% are for discussions and instructions. The teaching strategy of DLP in learning focuses heavily in No Homework Policy.

Ms. Sittie Aminah Quibranza Dimaporo, Executive Assistant to the Office of the Provincial Governor, is excited to relay all the things that were discussed in the meeting to Provincial Governor Imelda “Angging” Quibranza-Dimaporo.  Ms. Sittie Aminah was satisfied upon knowing that the problems of students in the public schools are being addressed by the DLP. In this program students can now assist or help their families in their livelihood for extra income after class hours due to this No Home Work Policy of the Dynamic Learning Program.

Ms. Sittie Aminah is also looking forward to the brewing partnership between the Provincial Government of Lanao del Norte and SMART Foundation. The Executive Assistant is excited to have this kind of program to be implemented in the province in advancing the interest of the students. This is within the framework of the vision of the Quibranza-Dimaporo Initiative in its Inclusive Growth Plan. One of the programs included in the vision is the improvement of the quality of education in the province that is highly competitive not only in the region but throughout the country and to the world.

The preview of this Dynamic Learning Program is through the initiative of Congressman Abdullah “Bobby” Dimakuta Dimaporo in bringing-in SMART Foundation from Manila for the future collaboration with the Department of Education-LDN, the Municipal Government Units, Public Schools and the Provincial Government in leading a brighter future for the students of Lanao del Norte, “The Land of Beauty and Bounty.” PIO-LDN

Leave a Reply