- Formulate measures for the consideration of the sanggunian, and provide technical assistance and support to the governor or mayor, as the case maybe, in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of facilities through the development of cooperatives, and in providing access to such services and facilities;
- Develop plans and strategies and, upon approval thereof by the governor or mayor, as the case maybe, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with the integration of cooperatives principles and methods in programs and projects which the governor or mayor is empowered to implement and which the sangguanian is empowered to provide for under this Code;
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the cooperative officer shall:
*Assist in the organization of cooperatives;
*Provide technical and other form of assistance to existing cooperatives to enhance their viability as an economic enterprise and social organization;
*Assist cooperatives in establishing linkages with government agencies and non-government organizations involved in the promotion and integration of the concept of cooperatives in the livelihood of the people and other community activities;
- Be in the frontline of cooperatives organization, rehabilitation or viability enhancement, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural calamities and disasters, to aid in their survival and, if necessary subsequent rehabilitation;
- Recommend to the sanggunian, and advise the governor or mayor, as the case maybe, on all other matters relative to cooperatives development and viability-enhancement which will improve the livelihood and quality of life of the inhabitants; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinance.
A dynamic office of competent and gender responsive staff working harmoniously in a conducive environment implementing excellent delivery of cooperative services in partnership with stakeholders.
Guided by the values of integrity and excellent service, we commit to deliver innovative cooperative services for the viability and economic sustainability of the Civil Society Organizations through institutional and product development interventions.
- Established sectoral federation of associations and cooperatives.
- Develop Institutional, product, and other services of cooperatives.
- Accessed appropriate technology and mobilized resources from various agencies with cooperative programs.
- Established cooperative Management Information System.
Programs / Projects / Activities
- Livelihood/Enterprise Development Program
- Product Development Program
- Cooperative Officers’ Training Interventions as Accredited Training Provider
- Enterprise Development/Enhancement Trainings
- Cooperative Month Celebration
- Cooperative Advocacy Forum
- Cooperative Technical Assistance
- Organize/strengthen cooperatives
- Establish linkages between NGAs/NGOs and Cooperatives