- In pursuance with Section 475 of the Local Government Code of 1991, the Provincial Budget Office is mandated to:
- Prepare forms, orders and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matters for the signature of the governor;
- Review and consolidate the budget proposals of different departments and offices of the local government unit;
- Assists the governor in the preparation of the budget and during budget hearings;
- Study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendations thereon;
- Submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management;
- Coordinate with the treasurer, the accountant, and the planning and development coordinator for the purpose of budgeting;
- Assist the sanggunian concerned in reviewing the approved budgets of component local government units;
- Coordinate with the planning and development coordinator in the formulation of the local government unit development plan; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinance.
A dynamic organization of competent and highly motivated staff delivering excellent budgeting services utilizing state of the art technology with strong linkage to clients
- We are committed to deliver optimum services utilizing state of the art technology.
- We shall provide capability building opportunities to the staff to have a clearer path.
- We shall ensure to continue and strengthen linkage to our clients.
- We shall continue to exercise our coordinative functions with the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, Treasurer, Accountant and PPDO to ensure efficient and effective budgeting process focusing on local development programs and fiscal administration.
- We shall deliver excellent budgeting services by strictly adhering to budgeting, accounting, and auditing rules and regulations.
- Strategic allocation of resources
- Streamlined budgeting process
- Sustained planning and budgeting linkage
- Synchronized budget and expenditure management
- Improve core and technical competencies of staff
- Provide technical support to the departments and offices in the budget preparation
- Submit the approved annual budget to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan on or before October 16
- Reduce processing time of Obligation Request
- Implement ebudget system
- Strengthen harmonious relationship with clients and stakeholders
- Encourage participative budgeting with CSOs
- Maintain strong linkage with municipal LGUs
Programs, Projects, Activities
- Budget Management Program
- Preparation of Proposed Annual Budget
- Enhancement of Technical Budgeting Process
- Establishment of eBudgeting System
- Establishment of Monitoring System for the implementation of Public Financial Management Improvement Plan (PFMIP)
- Attendance to Learning and Development Activities
- Planning, Budgeting, and Investment Programming
- Human Resources Management and Development