PROVINCIAL ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES OFFICE
MR. RAMON G. SERAPIO Department Head
A province with rich and stable natural resources and biodiversity, clean and peaceful environment and a healthy population which all sectors of society can equally benefit.
The ENRO, as an established provider of distinct quality service, shall ensure the constant, effective and efficient delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to environment and natural resources.
We shall ensure the continuous flow of technical and infrastructure assistance and extension services to stakeholders of forest development projects as well as render assistance for natural resources-related conversation and utilization activities with ecological balance.
We shall be committed to establish, maintain, protect, and preserve communal forests, watershed, tree parks, mangroves, greenbelts, commercial forests and similar forest projects like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects.
We shall continue promote small-scale mining and regulate utilization of mineral resources.
We shall continue coordinate with government agencies and non-government organizations in the implementation of measures to prevent and control land, air and water pollution with the assistance of DENR.
We shall constantly work hard to attain responsive and responsible eco-governance through building up and developing competent, efficient and God-fearing workforce that carry out duties and responsibilities in a systematic and technologically-advanced workplace.
We shall uphold the advocacy of establishing and strengthening dynamic linkages with beneficiaries and/or stakeholders of forest development projects to achieve harmonious relationship between nature and the people of Lanao del Norte.
Consequently, this Office incessantly strives to fulfill the following objectives:
1. To formulate measures for the consideration of the sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to environment and natural resources services;
2. To develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof, by the governor, as the case maybe, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with environment and natural resources programs and projects which the governor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide;
3. To be in the frontline of the delivery of services concerning the environment and natural resources, particularly in the renewal and rehabilitation of the environment during and in the aftermath of manmade and natural disasters and calamities;
4. To recommend to the sanggunian and advise the governor, as the case may be, on all matters relative to the protection, conservation maximum utilization, application of appropriate technology and other matters related to the environment and natural resources;
5. In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the environment and natural resources officer shall:
a. To establish, maintain, protect, and preserve communal forests, watersheds, tree parks, mangroves, greenbelts, commercial forests and similar forest projects, like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects;
b. To provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and technical and infrastructure assistance;
c. To manage and maintain seed banks and produce seedlings for forests and tree parks;
d. To provide extension services to forest development projects and render assistance for natural resources-related conversation and utilization activities consistent with ecological balance;
e. To promote and regulate small-scale mining and utilization of mineral resources; and,
f. To coordinate with government agencies and non-government organizations in the implementation of measures to prevent and control land, air and water pollution with assistance of DENR.
6. To exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.