A competent veterinary service provider and animal welfare advocate working in a conducive environment equipped with modern facilities in continuing support to the progressive livestock and poultry industry of the Province.
The PVO commits to:
- Serve the farmers, livestock and poultry raisers, cooperatives/ associations and pet owners;
- Render technical services through veterinary health care, new and improved production technologies, and management;
- Increase and improve livestock productivity, ensure animal welfare and prevention and control of animal diseases.
- We are guided by the core values of excellent service, patience and integrity.
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan and provide technical assistance & support to the Governor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services & provisions of adequate facilities pursuant to Section 17 of the LGC, to wit:
a. prevention & control of animal pets & diseases;
b. management of dairy farms;
c. livestock markets;
d. animal breeding stations;
e. artificial insemination centers; and,
f. provision of technical assistance and appropriate technology to livestock & poultry raisers associations.
- Develop plans and strategies & upon approval thereof by the Governor, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with veterinary related activities which the Governor is empowered to implement & which the SP is empowered to provide for under the LGC;
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the
Provincial Veterinarian shall:
Advise the Governor on all matters pertaining to the
slaughter of animals for human consumptions and the
regulations of slaughterhouses;
- Regulate the keeping of domestic animals;
- Regulate and inspect poultry, milk and dairy products for
- Enforce all laws and regulations for the cruelty to
- Take the necessary measures to eradicate, prevent or cure
all forms of animal diseases.
- Be in frontline of the veterinary related activities, such as in
the control of outbreak of highly contagious and deadly
diseases and in situations resulting in the depletion of
animals for work and human consumption, particularly
those arising from and in the aftermath of man-made and
natural disasters and calamities;
- Recommend to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan and advise the Governor on all other matters relative to veterinary services which will increase the number and improve the quality of livestock, poultry and other domestic animals used for work or human consumptions; and;
- Exercise such other powers and performs such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- To provide excellent veterinary services;
- To establish conducive workplace with modern facilities;
- To implement capacity development program;
- To ensure implementation of production, forage and pasture, and livestock dispersal programs;
- To strictly implement the provincial regulatory & quarantine program.