With utmost commitment to professionalism and integrity, PIAO is a sustainable, value-adding internal audit assurance and consulting activity, helping PGLDN achieve its vision, mission and objectives through effective risk management, controls and responsive governance.
To provide independent, objective and continually improving internal audit services using innovative solution-oriented approaches to improve PGLDN’s operations and the quality of its service delivery.
- Ascertaining the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information and the means used to identify, measure, classify and report such information
- Ascertaining the extent of compliance and reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with government policies, plans and procedures, laws and regulations which have impact on operations
- Ascertaining the extent to which the assets and other resources of PGLDN are accounted for and safeguarded from losses of all kinds
- Reviewing and evaluating the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls and promoting the most effective control at reasonable cost
- Reviewing operations or programs to ascertain whether or not results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether or not such programs are being carried out as planned
- Evaluating the quality of performance of groups/individuals in carrying out their assigned responsibilities
- Recommending corrective actions on operational deficiencies