MS. CHIRELYN R. LEOPOLDO Department Head
A dynamic organization of competent and highly motivated public servants delivering excellent budgeting services using automated budgeting system with strong linkage to clients.
1. We are committed to deliver optimum services utilizing state of the art technology.
2. We shall provide capacity development activities to the staff for optimal performance.
3. We shall strengthen linkage and partnership with our clients.
4. We shall continue to exercise our coordinative functions with the Sangguninag Panlalawigan, Treasurer, Accountant and PPDO to ensure efficient and effective budgeting process focusing on local development programs and fiscal administration.
5. The PBO shall deliver excellent budgeting services by strictly adhering to budgeting, accounting, and auditing rules and regulations.
In pursuance with Section 475 of the Local Government Code of 1991, the Provincial Budget Office is mandated to perform the following functions: 1. prepare forms, orders and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matters for the signature of the governor;
2. review and consolidate the budget proposals of different departments and offices of the local government unit;
3. assists the governor in the preparation of the budget and during budget hearings;
4. study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendations thereon;
5. submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management;
6. coordinate with the treasurer, the accountant, and the planning and development coordinator for the purpose of budgeting;
7. assist the sanggunian concerned in reviewing the approved budgets of component local government units; coordinate with the planning and development coordinator in the formulation of the local government unit development plan; and
8. exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinance.