- Ensure the prompt, timely and efficient delivery of employment service and provision of information on the other DOLE programs.
- Provide a venue where people could explore simultaneously various employment options and actually seek assistance they prefer;
- Serve as referral and information center for the various services and programs of DOLE and other government agencies present in the area;
- Provide clients with adequate information on employment and labor market situation in the area; and
- Network with other PESOs within the region on employment for job exchange purposes.
WHAT ARE THE FUNCTIONS OF THE PESO?
1. Encourage employers to submit to the PESO on a regular basis a list of job vacancies in their respective establishments in order to facilitate the exchange of labor market information services to job seekers and employers by providing employment services to job seeker, both for local and overseas employment, and recruitment assistance to employers;
2. Develop and administer testing and evaluation instruments for effective job selection, training and counseling;
3. Provide persons with entrepreneurship qualities access to the various livelihood and self-employment programs offered by both government and non-governmental organizations at the provincial/city/municipal/barangay levels by undertaking referrals for such programs;
4. Undertake employability enhancement trainings/seminar for jobseekers as well as those would like to change career or enhance their employability. This function is presently supervised by TESDA and conducted by other training;
5. Provide employment and occupational counseling, career guidance, mass motivation and values development activities;
6. Conduct pre-employment counseling and orientation to prospective local and overseas workers;
7. Provide reintegration assistance services to returning Filipino migrant workers: and
8. Perform such functions as willfully carry out the objectives of this Act.