1. Formulate measures for the consideration of the sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the governor or mayor, in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to environment and natural resources services as provided for under Section 17 of this Code;
2. Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the governor to implement the same, particularly those which have to do with environment and natural resources programs and projects which the governor or mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this Code;
3. Establish, maintain, protect and preserve communal forests, watersheds, tree parks, mangroves, greenbelts, commercial forests and similar forest projects, like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects;
4. Provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and technical, financial and infrastructure assistance;
5. Manage and maintain seed banks and produce seedlings for forests and tree parks;
6. Provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and render assistance of natural resources-related conservation and utilization activities consistent with ecological balance;
7. Promote the small-scale mining and utilization of mineral resources, particularly mining of gold;
8. Coordinate with government agencies and non-governmental organizations in the implantation of measures to prevent and control land, air and water pollution with the assistance of he Department of Environment and Natural Resources;
9. Be in the frontline of the delivery of services concerning the environment and natural resources particularly in the renewal and rehabilitation of the environment during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities;
10. Recommend to the sanggunian and advise the governor , on all matters relative to the protection, conservation, maximum utilization, application of appropriate technology and other matters related to the environment and natural resources; and
11. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
PRIORITY PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS
1. Provincial Government and DENR Co- Management Project.
The Provincial Government of Lanao del Norte and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources will establish Co-Management Agreement of timberland in the municipalities of Tagoloan and Pantar, Lanao del Norte for forest protection, agro-forestry and tree plantation development and other suitable uses of the area.
2. Mangrove Reforestation and Rehabilitation Projects.
One hundred (100) hectares of mangroves has been the target of the Provincial Government for reforestation and rehabilitation for the next 3 years. It will be implemented in the municipalities of Kolambugan, Lala, Kapatagan and Sultan Naga Dimaporo, all of Lanao del Norte.
3. Zero Waste Management Program
The zero waste management program will be implemented by the Provincial Government of Lanao del Norte to all buildings and facilities owned by the Province consistent with the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act. Of 2000 ( R.A. 9003 )